The Scottish Futures Trust is committed to making it's website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This accessibility statement applies to the Scottish Futures Trust’s website at www.scottishfuturestrust.org.uk.
This website was launched in June 2023 and was set up in line with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 to be compliant with AA standards. Its most recent review was completed in January 2024.
This website is run by the Scottish Futures Trust. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. In addition to the site’s code being WCAG 2.1 AA compliant, users should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 200% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (tested using ChromeVox).
We have also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
How accessible this website is:
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- Some of the images require more descriptive alt text. We are working to resolve this and in the meantime users can contact us to request a full description of the images.
- From a sample test, some of the office-format (i.e. PDF / MS Word) documents available for download do not adhere fully to accessibility regulations. We are working to resolve this and in the meantime users can contact us to request documents in an alternative format.
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy-read, audio recording or braille:
call: +44 (0)131 510 0800
We will consider your request and get back to you in 10 working days.
If you cannot view the map on our ‘Contact Us’ page, call or email us for directions.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We are always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +44 (0)131 510 0800.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’).
If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons:
- Some of the images require more descriptive alt text, so people using a screen reader cannot access the information fully. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.1.1 (non-text content). We are working to resolve this and in the meantime users can contact us to request a full description of the images. When we publish new content, we will make sure our use of images meets accessibility standards.
- Office-format (i.e. PDF / MS Word) documents published prior to 23 September 2018 may not be accessible. The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services. We are aware that there are some accessibility issues with office-format documents documents produced since 23 September 2018, please contact us to request documents in an alternative format if you are having issues accessing these.
We do not plan to add captions to live video streams because live video is exempt from meeting the accessibility regulations. Subtitles / closed captions are available through the YouTube player for all embedded video content. This conforms to accessibility requirements.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 20 July 2023. It was reviewed and updated on 2 February 2024.
This website was last tested in January 2024. The test was carried out by Seven Hills Digital.